A site near Roanne on
the banks of the Loire, linked with the road from
Roanne to Autun and with the traffic that crossed
the river at the ford. A number of Gallo-Roman dwellings were noted in 1824. One of them, excavated 1962-68,
is a single room (9 x 5.5 m), its floor covered with a
mortar of broken tiles. The walls, which have a pebble-dash finish of lime, are decorated with polychrome coatings in geometric designs. The finds (sigillata and everyday ware, coins of Faustina the Elder) date the village
from the 2d c. A.D.
M. Leglay, “Informations,” Gallia
(1966) 492-93; 26 (1968) 566-67.