Locality of Mus, Gard, France.
and important pre-Roman and Gallo-Roman oppidum in
the territory of the Volcae Arecomici, on the W edge of
the Cévennes at the confluence of the Crespenon and
the Valsave, which flow into the Vidourle. Partial exploration since the 18th c. has uncovered remains of
Early Empire buildings, and a large quantity of artifacts. Water was brought to the town from a spring several km away by an aqueduct that was partly freestanding and partly cut through the rock.
Carte archéologique de la Gaule romaine
, fasc. VIII, Gard (1941) 211 no. 402.