A Hellenized Sindian
town on the left bank of the lower Kuban 12 km W of
Varenikovskaia. The site covered an area of 9 ha and
was surrounded in the 5th c. B.C. by a wall 2.5 m wide
built of cut stones. There were square towers at 15-18 m
intervals. Remains of a large residence of the 3d c. B.C.
indicate a rectangular structure with an inner courtyard,
five rooms, and walls 1.4 m thick. On the outskirts of
the city is a kurgan necropolis from the 5th-4th c.
containing the tombs of rulers of the Sindi tribe. The
grave gifts consisted of Greek ceramics and articles of
silver and gold. The Hermitage Museum contains material from the site.
N. V. Anfimov, “Novye dannye k istorii
Aziatskogo Bospora (Semibratnee gorodishche),” SovArkh
7 (1941) 258-67; id., “Raskopki Semibratnego
37 (1951) 238-44; id., “Issledovaniia Semibratnego gorodishcha,” KSIIMK
M. L. BERNHARD & Z. SZTETYŁŁO