of Picenum on the left bank of the Flosis (modern
Potenza) 2 km E of S. Severino Marche at Pieve di S.
Martino. Little is known of its history.
Excavations have explored the imposing fortifications
in large tufa blocks with towers of several forms,
assigned to the 3d c. B.C., and the city plan, but buildings have not been cleared. Marbles and inscriptions from the site decorate several of the buildings of S.
Severino, notably the stair of the Palazzo Comunale.
At nearby Pitino a large necropolis has yielded a
particularly rich and informative sequence of Picene
(1959) 196 (B. Andreae); EAA
7 (1966) 202-3 (G. Annibaldi)
L. RICHARDSON, JR.