20 km S of
Milâs. The city appears (the name only partially preserved) in the early Athenian tribute lists, with a tribute
of one talent, and is recorded by Pliny and Ptolemy. The
coins are Imperial only. The position is a strong one on
two summits, defended by a wall with towers well preserved in parts, of early Hellenistic date. The location of
the theater is recognizable between the summits, also
that of the agora adjoined by stoas. The site is identified
by an inscription and coins found on the spot.
L. Robert, AJA
39 (1935) 339-40.
G. E. BEAN