An Argive border
citadel S of the modern village of Achladokampos on the
road between Lerna and Tripolis. The town was destroyed
by the Lakedaimonians in 417 B.C.; following the defeat,
the Argive dead were buried at Kenchreai. The ruins of
Hysiai were seen by Pausanias and the walls were described by Curtius as polygonal on ashlar foundations,
and flanked by round towers.
See also Limes, Attica.
; E. Curtius, Peloponnesos
(1851-52) II 367P
; J. G. Frazer, Paus. Des. Gr
M. H. MC ALLISTER