(le) Puy-de-Dôme, France.
At a height of 1050 m in the valley of the Dordogne,
cut deeply into the massif of the Monts Dore, the
mineral springs of Le Mont Dore were exploited in
Roman times. Work carried out near them in the 19th
c. uncovered some buildings. Beside what may be considered a bath, there was a rectangular edifice, surrounded by a gallery and preceded by a colonnade,
which seems to have been a temple. Pieces of sculpture
are located in the modern bath and the Clermont-Ferrand museum.
Bertrand, “Note sur des antiquités
découvertes au Mont-Dore,” Annales scientifiques
16 (1843) 488-503; Marie Durand-Lefèvre, “Les Vestiges antiques et le culte des sources
au Mont-Dore” (1926).