* this word, in large letters, formed of tiles (CIL vi. 29843）
was seen in the fifteenth-seventeenth centuries near the ARCUS DOLABELLAE
q.v.), but to what it refers is doubtful (LA 373; JRS 1919, 186). See
also CASTRA PEREGRINA.
A Topographical Dictionary of Ancient Rome. Samuel Ball Platner. Thomas Ashby. London: Humphrey Milford. Oxford University Press. 1929.
The National Endowment for the Humanities provided support for entering this text.