ARCUS IOHANNIS BASILII or BASILIDIS
the mediaeval name of the
arch of the aqua Claudia over the via Caelimontana, on the site of the
ancient porta Caelimontana. It was also called the arcus Formae, and
seems to have served as an entrance to the Lateran precinct. It was
demolished in 1604 (HJ 242; LS iv. 134
; LA 366; LR 378; HCh 208
for S. Basilidis in Merulana, which has no relation to this arch, and ib.
462 for SS. Sergius and Bacchus iuxta arcum Basili).