previous next

CAMPUS COHORTIUM PRAETORIARUM

perhaps the official name of the open area, referred to merely as campus (Tac. Ann. xii. 36; Cass. Dio lxxiv. 1), which lay between the castra Praetoria and the Servian agger. In this area no remains have been found except those of altars, shrines, and dedicatory monuments, such as would naturally be erected on the soldiers' drill ground (HJ 384; BC 1876, 175; 1877, 21 ff.).

hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: