on the Caelian: opposite the temple of Isis (v. INTER DUOS
). It was probably close to the boundary betweenRegions II
, near SS. Quattro Coronati (Rev. Etudes Anc. 1914, 213-214
AJA 1914, 530
), and was called pulcherrima at the beginning of the
fourth century (Hist. Aug. xxx. tyr. 25). It belonged to C. Pius
Esuvius Tetricus, who was defeated by Aurelian in 274 A.D. V.
Domaszewski (SHA 1916, 7
. A, io; 1918, 13
. A, 49; 1920, 6
. A, 28)
regards the whole passage as a sheer invention.