previous next

PONS AGRIPPAE

a bridge 160 metres above the Ponte Sisto, known from an inscribed cippus set up by the curatores riparum in the principate of Claudius (CIL vi. 31545, see TRIGARIUM), and the discovery of the remains of four piers at the bottom of the river (NS 1887, 323 ; BC 1887, 306-313; 1888, 92-98, pls. iv., v; Mitt. 1889, 285-286 ; 1891, 135-136).

hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: