previous next


the name frequently, but without sufficient reason, given to a small shrine, of which the remains are visible between the temples of Vespasian and Concord at the foot of the Capitoline. It was built at the same time as the temple of VESPASIAN (q.v.), for its left wall rests on the foundations of the temple, which were made to project for that purpose. The building was 4.01 metres wide and 2.50 deep, and the marks of its vaulted roof are visible on the front wall of the Tabularium. The purpose of the structure is unknown, but in it was found a marble base dedicated to Faustina by the viatores quaestorii ab aerario Saturni, who may have used it for a schola (Mitt. 1893, 284-285; Th6d. 160, 362; HC 93; DR 203-205).

hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: