（Παραποτάμιοι). A town of Phocis, on the left bank of the
river Cephissus. It was destroyed by Xerxes in the Persian War, but later rebuilt, only to be
again destroyed in the Sacred War (Herod.viii. 33; Pausan. x. 3,
Harry Thurston Peck. Harpers Dictionary of Classical Antiquities. New York. Harper and Brothers. 1898.
The National Endowment for the Humanities provided support for entering this text.