AZI´ZIS or AHI´HIS (Tab. Peut.), AIXI (Priscian. vi. p. 682, ed. Putsch), a town of Dacia, on the high road from Viminacium to Tiviscum, probably the Αἰζισίς of Ptolemy (3.8.9).
It seems to be Taskora on the Ternes. [P.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.