ALESIAEUM (Ἀλεσιαῖον), called ALEI´SIUM (Ἀλείσιον)) by Homer, a town of Pisatis, situated upon the road leading across the mountains from Elis to Olympia. Its site is uncertain. (Strab. p. 341; Hom. Il. 2.617; Steph. B. sub voceἈλήσιον.）
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.