BAVO (Plin. Nat. 3.26. s. 30), or BOA (Cod. Theod. 16. tit. 5. s. 53; also Boae, Amm. Marc. 22.3; Boia, Ant. Itin. p. 523, Wess.: Bua), an island off the coast of Dalmatia in Illyricum, used as a place of banishment under the emperors.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.