a town of Picenum, mentioned by Mela and Pliny, both of whom place it on the coast between Cupra and Potentia. (Mela, 2.4.6.; Plin. Nat. 3.13. s. 18
.) Its site has been fixed by a local topographer, on that of a small town, now called S. Elpidio a Mare,
about 4 miles from the sea, and the same distance N. of Fermo.
(Bacci, Notizie dell' antica Cluana,
4to. Macerata, 1716; Abeken, Mittel ItalIen,