CYPAERA (Κύπαιρα, Ptol. 3.13.45), or CYPHARA (Liv. 32.13), for these names apparently indicate the same place, was a town of Thessaly, in the southern part of the district Thessaliotis, near the confines of Dolopia.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.