CARBIS (Καρβὶς, Arrian, Ind. 26), the name of a shore of the sea-coast of Gedrosia which was visited by the fleet of Nearchus.
It does not appear to have been identified with any modern name. [V]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.