DERRHIS (Δέρρις, Ptol. 3.13.12; Strab. vii. p.330; Steph. B. sub voceΤορώνη; Mela, 2.3.1: C. Dhrépano), the promontory of Sithonia that closes the gulf of Torone to SE. (Leake, Northern Greece, vol. iii. p. 119.) [E.B.J]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.