DIDYMOTEICHOS (Διδυμότειχος), a Thracian town opposite to Plotinopolis, situated not far from the point where the Eurus empties itself into the Hebrus, on an island of the former.
It is now called Demotica. (Nicet. Chr. p. 404.) [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.