), the name of a small river and harbour on the coast of Pontus, near Cotyora. (Strab. xii. p.548
; Steph. B. sub voce
Scylax, who calls it Γενέσιντις.
Some authors also mention a promontory (῎ακρα Γενηταία
) in that neighbourhood (Steph. B. sub voce l.c.; Apollon. 2.1009
; V. Fl. 5.148
); and Pliny (6.4
) speaks of a people Genetae
in the same district.