GURZUBITAE (Γουρζουβίται, Procop. deAed. 3.7), a fortress erected by Justinian in the Tauric Chersonese, the ruins of which are still seen at Oursuf, to the W. of Lambat. (Comp. Clarke, Trav. vol. ii. p. 258.) [E.B.J]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.