LEUPHANA (Λευφάνα), a town mentioned by Ptolemy (2.11.27) in the north of Germany, on the west of the Elbe; it probably occupied the site of the modern Lüneburg. (Wilhelm, Germanien, p. 161.) [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.