), a tributary of the river Rhyndacus: it took [p. 2.238]
its origin in a lake near Ancyra, and, after flowing for some distance in a western direction, it turned northward, and joined the Rhyndacus a little to the north of Miletopolis. (Strab. xii. p.576
; Plin. Nat. 5.40
It seems to be the same river as the one called by Polybius Megistus (5.77), though the Scholiast on Apollonius Rhodius (1.1162) remarks, that in his time the Rhyndacus itself bore that name.
The lower part of the river now bears the name Susu
while the upper part is called Simaul-Su.
vol. ii. pp. 105, 111.)