), were two small islands off the shore of Lucania, nearly opposite Velia. (Strab. vi. p.252
; Plin. Nat. 3.7. s. 13
.) Their individual names, according to Pliny, were Pontia and Iscia. Cluverius (Ital.
p. 1260) speaks of them as still existing under their ancient names; but they are mere rocks, too small to be marked on ordinary modern maps.