, Peripl. Mar. Erythr. 100.27, 36; Marcian, Peripl
. 100.28, ed. Müller, 1855), a port of some importance on the coast of Carmania, which is noticed also by Pliny (6.28. s. 32
). Its position was near the modern bay of Tshubar,
perhaps where Mannert has suggested, at Cape Tanka
(5.2. p. 421). Vincent places it a little to the E. of Cape Iask.
In Ptolemy, the name has been corrupted into Commana (vi.. 8.7).