SARXA a station on the road from Philippi to Heracleia (Peut. Tab.), to the N. of the Lake Cercinites, between Strymon and Scotussa. Now Zikhna. (Leake, North. Greece, vol. iii. p. 227.) [E.B.J]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.