TUAESIS (Τούαισις, Ptol. 2.3 § 13), a town, on the E. coast of Britannia Barbara, which stood on an estuary of the same name (Ptol. ib. § 5), now the Murray Frith. [T.H.D]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.