TAXGAE´TIUM (Ταξγαίτιον), a place assigned by Ptolemy (2.12.5) to Rhaetia, but which more properly belonged to Vindelicia, was situated on the northern shore of the Lacus Brigantinus, and probably on the site of the modern Lindau. [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.