THILSAPHATA (Amm. Marc. 25.8),> a fortified town in the south of Mesopotamia, probably the present Tel el Hava, between Mosul and the Sinjar, in the neighbourhood of the Tigris. [V]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.