one of the most important towns of Rhaetia, on the southern bank of the river Oenus, and on the road leading from Tridentum to Augusta Vindelicorum. (It. Ant.
pp. 258, 259, 275, 280.)
According to coins which have been found on its site, it was made a Roman colony with the surname Augusta. Its site is now occupied by the convent of Wilden
in the neighbourhood of Inspruck,
on the little river Sihl.
(See Roschmann, Veldidena Urbs antiquissima Augusti Colonial,
Ulm, 1744, 4to.)