FLORIA´NA a town of uncertain site, in Lower Pannonia.
It was connected by a road with Aquincum, 30 miles to the east of it, and was the residence of the praefectus classis Istriae. (Itin. Ant. p. 265; Notit. Imp.) [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.