TELMESSUS according to Pliny (5.29), a tributary of the river Glaucus in Caria, but it flowed in all probability near the town of Telmessus, which derived its name from it. [L.S]
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography, illustrated by numerous engravings on wood. William Smith, LLD. London. Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row; John Murray, Albemarle Street. 1854.