This text is part of:
Table of Contents:
 1. Voluntary. By the choir. 2. Introductory prayer. Rev. C. H. Leonard. 3. Selections from Scripture. Rev. C. B. Lombard. 4. Hymn No. 703, Adams and Chapin Collection. 5. Sermon. Rev. David H. Clark. 6. Anthem. 7. Prayer of dedication. Rev. A. G. Laurie. 8. Address to the society. Rev. A. A. Miner. 9. Original hymn. Mrs. N. T. Munroe. 10. Benediction. Rev. C. A. Skinner. In January, 1861, Mr. Clark sent in his resignation, and, to indicate the feeling of the parish towards him, the meeting in January, 1861, Voted: That we hereby accept the resignation tendered to this society by the pastor, Rev. D. H. Clark, and while thus severing the connection that has so pleasantly and so profitably existed for the past two years, we take pleasure in bearing our united testimony to the excellency of his Christian character and deportment while he has been among us, and to the many virtues he possesses, so essential to success in the calling he has chosen. And we hereby tender to him our warmest wishes for his future usefulness and happiness. Up to 1861, it was the custom to have two sermons each Sunday, morning and afternoon. September 1, 1861, Rev. B. K. Russ was engaged as pastor for one year, with the understanding that there should be one service each Sunday. In April, 1862, he was settled as permanent pastor, and thus the custom of engaging the minister by the year was for the time abandoned. In March, 1862, John Dugan, Louis Horton, and C. L.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.