cost of the building, which was constructed by Mr. S. C. Earle
, was $7,668, including the furnishings.
In 1883 the Rev. John B. Richmond
, formerly rector of St. Michael
, became assistant minister, and on April 7, 1890, resigned the position after seven years of service.
resigned the rectorship April 15, 1890, and was succeeded in July by the Rev. Arthur Bannard Moorehouse, A. M.
was born in Schenectady, N. Y.
He graduated from Union College in 1878, receiving the degree of A. B., and in 1881 received the degree of A. M. in course.
In 1880 he entered the General Theological Seminary, N. Y., and was graduated in the class of 1883.
In May of that year he was made deacon by the Right Rev. W. C. Doane, D. D.
, bishop of Albany
, and spent his diaconate as assistant in St. John's Church, Washington, D. C.
, ordained priest in 1884, and was assistant in St. Paul's Church, Troy, N. Y.
Became rector of Zion's Church, Sandy Hill
, in 1885; in 1889, rector of St. Luke's, Chelsea
, and in 1890, of Grace Church, Medford
resigned the rectorship on account of ill health on the first of September, 1897.
From that time until April 20, 1898, the parish was without a rector, but on that date, the Rev. Frank Ilsley Paradise
, for four years dean of Christ Church Cathedral, New Orleans, accepted the call and at once entered upon his new duties.
was born in Boston
and educated in the public schools and at Phillips Academy, Andover
He was graduated from Yale University in the class of 1888, and was prepared for the ministry at the Berkeley Divinity School, Middletown, Conn.
, the school which was founded and presided over by Bishop Williams
Upon his ordination to the diaconate in 1890, Mr. Paradise
was called to the rectorship of St. Peter's Church, Milford, Conn.
, where he remained three years, when he was called to St. Luke's Church, East Greenwich, R. I.
After a short rectorship of seven