Ebenezer Brooks mansion.
Previous to 1812 the house was occupied by his half brother, Captain Caleb Brooks
, who was guardian of his nephew Ebenezer.
Jonathan Porter's house, a few years ago demolished, was the home of William Furness
This house was formerly the residence of Parson Turell
The next and nearest neighbor was ‘Cherry
, so called because he made such excellent cherry rum. This house made way for Grace Church rectory.
Next came the house of William Roach
and, beyond, the Samuel Train house
This house was once the property of one Mr. Wyman
, who preceded Mrs. Rowson
as the proprietor of the famous select school for girls.