time their children, Nancy, Mary, Abigail and Judith, were baptized.
Soon after they must have moved to Medford
, for Ebenezer Simonds
was a resident tax payer here from 1793 to 1810, inclusive.
He owned a good amount of taxable property, for he was assessed for a dwelling house and another building, English mowing land, tillage, pasture land, and thirty acres of wood lot. Rev. Charles Brooks
' History of Medford
, on page 373, gives a list of occupiers of houses in 1798, taxed for more than $100, in which the names of Ebenezer Symonds
and William Bradbury
' land was on each side of Fulton street.
Later the family was in Lexington
again, where Mrs. Anna Simonds
died July 12, 1820, and her husband, August 24, 1845, aged eighty-seven years.
records supplement each other; children of Ebenezer and Anna
died in Lexington
within recent years, several of them having been baptized in Medford
Charles, the second child of Captain Bradbury
, was married to Sallie Blanchard
by Dr. Osgood
, May 14, 1794.
Intention of marriage, April 3, 1794.
He was taxed in Malden
from 1789 to 1794, inclusive, and from then till 1799 in Medford
, where he made his home after his marriage, and owned one-fourth of a dwelling house.
The births of three children of Charles and Sallie are recorded in Medford
moved to Charlestown
in 1800, where he built a house on the present Broadway
He was a brick maker and had yards in Charlestown
, near where the McLean Asylum
used to be. His wife, Sallie, died February 23, 1801, and the good pastor must have driven to Charlestown
to minister to his former parishioner, for on that date, Dr. Osgood
recorded in his diary, ‘Visited and prayed with Mrs. Bradbury
,’ and on February 26, ‘Attended funeral of Charles Bradbury
left an infant, born