Church presented a communion service to the new church.
On August 6, 1872, Mrs. Abbie S. Leonard
At the November Communion Mr. Darius Bowers
and his daughter were received by letter and Mrs. Bowers
In December Rev. Edwin L. Jaggar
was called to be acting pastor.
July 18, 1872, John H. Norton
, E. W. Metcalf
, W. C. Craig
, Reuben Willey
, F. O. Kittredge
and D. H. Brown
, six qualified voters of the Town of Medford
, made application to Abner J. Phipps
of the Peace, petitioning him to issue a warrant for a meeting for the purpose of organizing themselves, with others desiring to build a meeting-house, as a corporation under the General Statutes
issued the warrant directed to D. H. Brown
, who on July 20 warned all persons concerned to meet in Mystic Hall at 8 o'clock P. M., July 27.
At the time and place appointed Justice Phipps
called the meeting to order, read the application, the warrant, and the return, and the meeting then voted to organize as a corporation.
Eliab W. Metcalf
was elected clerk, and qualified.
The clerk presiding, Abner J. Phipps
was elected moderator, and qualified.
By-laws were reported and adopted, and the meeting adjourned to August 3d.
On this date D. H. Brown
was elected treasurer and collector, Abner J. Phipps
, John H. Norton
and F. O. Kittredge
members of the standing committee, and Reuben Willey
auditor, and were qualified.
The standing committee was authorized to secure the use of Mystic Hall after October, when the time of the Christian Union expired.
A committee of five was appointed to solicit contributions to a building fund.
Save only Mrs. Abbie S. Leonard
, the charter members of the church were charter members of the society, and the addition of Messrs. F. O. Kittredge
, E. W. Metcalf
and Reuben Willey
made its number twenty-eight.
At the annual meeting, January 29, 1873, John H. Norton
, D. H. Brown
and H. S. Judkins