cents, as submitted to the Probate Court
At this meeting, also, the building committee reported contractors' bids for the various branches of work, and they were authorized to enter into contracts for the erection of the meeting-house at a total cost not to exceed forty-eight thousand seven hundred and three dollars. June 2 the building committee was authorized to expend one thousand eight hundred dollars more.
On Sunday, May 29, the corner-stone was laid, with sermon by the pastor, and address commemorating the thirty-ninth anniversary of the Sabbath-school by Deacon Ackerman
Other speakers were Mr. D. H. Brown
, Rev. Isaac Pierson
, Rev. John Wild
. J. M. Grout
of the Mystic Church
On November 3, W. A. Andrew
, Henry Newcomb
, H. S. L. Cullington
, George S. Hedge
, Miss K. H. Stone
, Miss L. P. Patten
and Rev. B. L. Yorke
were appointed a committee to provide furnishings, the expense to the society not to exceed two thousand dollars.
Rev. B. L. Yorke
, H. N. Ackerman
, Henry Newcomb
, H. A. Hanscom
, W. J. Barnard
, W. W. Benjamin
and J. W. Bean
were appointed dedication committee.
The meeting-house was dedicated by a six-day service.
The first was on Sunday morning, January 8, 1905, former pastors Cutter
taking part, with sermon by Rev. Edward C. Moore, D. D.
, prayer of dedication by the pastor, followed by reception of members and Communion.
school rally followed, with brief addresses by former Superintendents Hippisley
, D. H. Brown
, J. W. Brown
At the four o'clock vesper service Rev. A. P. Davis
, Rev. George M. Butler
and Rev. John Wild
voiced the greetings of the Woburn Conference
, the Mystic Church
and the Union Church
Christian Endeavor rally occurred at 7 o'clock, when Mr. George W. Loggie
, treasurer of Mass.
C. E. Union delivered an address.
Greetings from the churches of other denominations in Medford
were brought by the pastors of each to the