The pastors and deacons, past and present, united in a contribution of two hundred dollars towards the pulpit furniture.
The Christian Endeavor Society gave the pulpit furniture in the chapel.
The Woman's Christian League gave four hundred dollars towards furnishing the parlor and kitchen.
One family gave the heating plant.
The communion service was the gift of the Knights of King Arthur and the Queens
of Avilion, immediately after the first meeting-house was burned.
was installed at a time when our affairs were very unsettled.
We had been for a year in temporary quarters (better, indeed, than most churches would have found), but not good enough for us to remain satisfied with.
is not afraid of work.
He accepted the situation as a necessity and an opportunity, and helped us to improve our conditions.
The second service was changed to one musical and liturgical in character, and held at five o'clock instead of seven.
In place of a Junior C. E., Mrs. Yorke
conducts a praise service at four o'clock for the Primary and Intermediate Departments of the Bible
school without a separate enrolment.
The Y. P. S. C. E., which had a membership of forty-eight in 1903, and of eighty-one in 1907, nevertheless disbanded June 7, 1908, and in place of it Mr. Yorke
and Mr. Remele
conduct a praise service, at 6.15 o'clock (also without separate enrolment) for the Junior
, Senior and Graduate Departments.
Out of these services have developed our vested choirs.
school had for many years used the International Lessons
, though during the latter part of Mr. Clancy
's pastorate some classes made use of the Blakeslee Lessons
On coming into the new meeting-house the Bible
school was thoroughly graded, having a Cradle Roll, Primary, Intermediate, Junior, Senior, Graduate and Home Departments.
At the annual meeting, December, 1903, the membership was one hundred and ninety-five.