[p. 76] bears a stamp ‘Forwarded by Yr. Ob. Serv.t Welles & Co., Paris.’ The handwriting is far from being in Mr. Brooks' usual style, which was clear and precise, and this goes to show that the various items were indeed written as stated. Mr. Brooks made good his promise to ‘write soon,’ for he sent a long letter within a few days. Miss Williams was his wife's sister, who was with Mrs. Brooks during her husband's absence. There was clearly need of some one, for when Mr. Brooks sailed for Europe, November 8, 1833, he had left at home an infant less than six weeks old. During his pastorate in Hingham, Mr. Brooks lived in a house, burned many years ago, which stood on the lot adjoining the land of the First Church, ‘The Old Ship,’ directly south.
This text is part of:
Table of Contents:
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church .
Medford Historical Society .
Officers for the year ending January , 1912 .
Lucretia Mott .
The legend of cheese Rock.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.