In addition to the Loyalists of Medford, already noticed in earlier issues of the Register, another had his residence here, but after the Revolution was over and peace declared. Francis Green, a graduate of Harvard, 1760, a merchant of Boston, married a lady whose father was mayor [p. 97] of New York previous to the Revolution. He came back to Boston from Halifax, and to Medford about 1798, and two years later occupied the house later belonging to Mr. Samuel Swan (Watson House). He died 21 April, 1809, aged 67. His widow moved to Charlestown, N. H., in 1822, when the Gilchrist family moved there.
[Adapted from C. S.]—E. M. G.