We give below the best quotations we can obtain:
We quote Exchange on New York 5 per cent.; on Philadelphia
5 per cent., and on Baltimore
5 per cent. premium.
South Carolina Bank notes par; North Carolina Bank nots 2 per cent. discount.
Planters' and Miners' Bank of Murphy (N. C.)
20 per cent. discount.
Specie buying at 4 and selling at 5 per cent. premium.
List of Virginia Bank notes Bankable in Richmond.
- All the Banks located in Richmond, and the branches of such as have branches.
- Bank of Commerce, Fredericksburg.
- Bank of Dewardsville, Howardsville, Albemarle.
- Bank of the Old Dominion, Alexandria.
- Bank of Rockbridge, Lexington.
- Bank of Rockingham, Harrisonburg.
- Bank of Scottsville, Scottsville.
- Central Bank of Virginia, Staunton.
- Danville Bank, Danville, Va.
- Farmers' Bank of Fincastle, Fincastle.
- Merchants' Bank, Lynchburg.
- Monticello Bank, Charlottesville.
- Southwestern Bank, Wytheville.
- Branch of the Bank of the Valley, Staunton.
- Branch of the Bank of the Valley., Christiansburg.
List of Virginia Bank notes Unbankable in Richmond.
- Bank of the Valley and branches, save at Staunton and Christiansburg.
- Bank of Wheeling, Wheeling.
- Manufacturers' and Farmers' Bank of Wheeling and branches.
- Northwestern Bank of Virginia, Wheeling, and branches.
- Merchants' and Mechanics' Bank of Wheeling and Branches.
- Bank of Charleston, Malden, Kanawha.
- Bank of Berkeley, Martinsburg.
- Branch Bank of the Old Dominion, at Pearisburg.
- Bank of Phillippi, Phillippi, Barbour county.
- Bank of Winchester, Winchester.
- Fairmont Bank, Fairmont.
The notes of the foregoing Banks
are bought by the brokers of this city at 1 per cent. discount.
Virginia Bank notes that are at twenty-five per cent Discount.
The notes of the following Banks
are at 25 per cent discount:
There are probably few, if any, of the notes of the last named Bank afloat, as it has been discredited for some years.