Child burned to death.
--On Wednesday evening last, a little girl, daughter of Mr. Divine
, while at play in the basement of her father's residence near the old Clay Street Chapel, was so severely burned by her clothes taking fire from the stove that she died on yesterday.--Her screams attracted the attention of her mother and Mr. W. J. Epps
, who hastened to her assistance, and extinguished the flames.
During the excitement, Mrs. Divine
's dress took fire, but was extinguished by Mr.
E. She, however, had her hands severely burned.