previous next


Spontaneous Combustion from Jamaica Ginger.

--A soldier accidentally dropped a bottle of Jamaica Ginger on the floor in the Rome Railroad depot a few days since, when the contents instantly ignited, and burning in a bright blaze, consumed the wrapper, and other dry substances on the floor, before it could be extinguished.--Rome Courier.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.

An XML version of this text is available for download, with the additional restriction that you offer Perseus any modifications you make. Perseus provides credit for all accepted changes, storing new additions in a versioning system.

hide Places (automatically extracted)

View a map of the most frequently mentioned places in this document.

hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: