By the Governor of Virginia.--a proclamation.--Whereas, it appears by the returns of the Commissioners appointed for the several counties and cities of this Commonwealth to superintend the election of Electors for President and Vice President of the Confederate States, that a majority of the votes polled at the said election were given in favor of the following persons:
- John R. Edmunds, of Halifax.
- Allen T. Caperton, of Monroe.
- Joseph Christian, of Middlesex.
- Cincinnatus W. Newton, of Norfolk city.
- Raleigh T. Daniel, of Richmond city.
- Wm. F. Thompson, of Dinwiddie.
- wood Bouldin, of Charlotte,
- Wm. L. Goggin, of Bedford.
- Benj. F. Randolph, of Albemarle.
- Jas. W. Walker, of Madison.
- Asa Rogers, of Loudoun.
- Samuel C. Williams, of Shenandoah.
- S. McDOWELL Reid, of Rockbridge.
- Henry A. Edmundson, of Roanoke.
- Jas. W. Sheffey, of Smyth.
- Henry J. Fisher, of Mason.
- Joseph Johnson, of Harrison.
- E. H. Fitzhugh, of Ohio.
no 30--td Sec'y of the Com'th.