previous next


Shocking case of burning.

--A white woman employed at one of the hospitals on Church Hill was very badly burnt on Tuesday morning last by the accidental ignition of her clothing. She arose at a very early hour and went into a room where a fire was burning, and, it is supposed, lay down near the grate and fell asleep. Shortly afterward the sentinel heard her shrieks, and going into the room found her in flames. The burning clothes were pulled off as soon as possible, but not until she received injuries which, it is apprehended, will prove fatal.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.

An XML version of this text is available for download, with the additional restriction that you offer Perseus any modifications you make. Perseus provides credit for all accepted changes, storing new additions in a versioning system.

hide Places (automatically extracted)

View a map of the most frequently mentioned places in this document.

hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: