previous next

Alarms of fire.

--An alarm of fire was caused on 20th street on Wednesday by the chimney of the residence of Col. George W. Willis setting fire to the roof. The alarm being given, it was speedily extinguished. On Wednesday night, about 2 o'clock, Watchmen duke and Bradford discovered the smokehouse of Mr. Chas. Bates, on Clay street, to be on fire. They were so fortunate as to put out the flames without the necessity of calling out the fire department.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.

An XML version of this text is available for download, with the additional restriction that you offer Perseus any modifications you make. Perseus provides credit for all accepted changes, storing new additions in a versioning system.

hide Places (automatically extracted)

View a map of the most frequently mentioned places in this document.

hide People (automatically extracted)
Sort people alphabetically, as they appear on the page, by frequency
Click on a person to search for him/her in this document.
George W. Willis (1)
William K. Bradford (1)
Charles Bates (1)
hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: